Many mobile devices and shared drives are configured to auto-connect to services like wireless networks and email. You must change the password on all of your mobile devices after resetting your Emory NetID password.
To change your password and prevent lock out:
- Gather all of your mobile devices (iPhones, Android Phones, tablets, iPads, etc.). If you change your password without also changing the password on your mobile devices, you risk having your account locked out.
- Close all applications.
- Login to enid.emory.edu/myaccount using your Emory NetID and current password.
- You should be at the Change Password page, if not, click Passwords.
- Following the on-screen instructions, enter and confirm a new password.
- Click Change Password.
- Click the Authentication Questions tab at the top of the page and follow the instructions to set and save information. This will allow you to reset your password should you forget it.
- Allow 15-30 minutes for the password to become active across all applications in the network.
After changing your password:
- Reboot the computer to help ensure any cached passwords are cleared. Local group policies should reconnect network shares, or for manually configured shares the user should either be automatically authenticated or receive a new login prompt.
- On each laptop:
a) Reconfigure EmoryUnplugged with your new password. For instructions, go to KB00094.
b) Enter your new password for Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Lync, and other Emory applications.
- On each mobile device:
a) Enter your new password for Emory Exchange/Office 365 email, Microsoft Lync, and other Emory applications.
b) Reconfigure EmoryUnplugged with your new password. For instructions, go to KB03284 for iPhone/iPad and KB03295 for Android.
- For PGP Whole Disk Encryption users, use your old password to log into PGP until the PGP password is synchronized. To synchronize your PGP password, go to KB03202.
Related knowledge base articles
If you need assistance, please contact your local support or the University Service Desk at 404-727-7777.