Log in to the Emory LUNA browser with your Emory Network ID and password.
For those who need to manage collections, upload images to a current Emory public collection or who would like to inquire about building a new collection, please contact Academic Technology Services via the UTS Service Desk.
Hands-on LUNA training is available by request through the Emory's Center for Interactive Teaching (ECIT). Please view the ECIT calendar to register for a class.
We have monthly introductory classes on viewing collections and building media groups and presentations with Emory University's image collections.
Those who prefer virtual training may wish to view the Luna Imaging, Inc. video tutorials referenced below.
OR if you're not ready for tutorials, check out
the LUNA Overview tour (13:24 min).
For a print copy of LUNA self-help media, please download one of our tutorial PDF documents:
Full Length and Short Tutorials (Video Format)
Media Search and Discovery
- Search and Discovery (7:52 min)
- Search by keyword (2:10 min)
- Phrase searching (1:18 min)
- Advanced search v6.2 (4:00 min)
- Refining your search (1:25 min)
- Search Flickr in LUNA (53 sec)
- Category browsing (1:09 min)
Organize and Manage: Media Groups
- Media Groups (8:56 min)
- Create an Active Media Group (2:41 min)
- Add images to your Media Group (3:08 min)
- Manage media in your Media Group (2:50 min)
- Organize your Media Groups (2:10 min)
- Work w/Public Media Groups (1:42 min)
For previous Insight users only
The steps for those needing access via the Insight client software are as follows:
1. Download the Insight client software (version 5.6) from Emory's Software Express (restricted Emory-only access).
2. Launch the Insight 5.6 software client and log into the system using your Emory username and password.
If you are off-campus, you will need to use VPN (Virtual Private Network to access Insight for security reasons.