Learning Commons in Woodruff Library
Learning Commons combines technological resources and support services in an accessible, welcoming environment for learning and research.
Learning Commons is always accessible during the Woodruff Library hours of operation.
Learning Commons support is provided by the LIbrary Service Desk (located on the main floor of the Library) with hours posted on the Woodruff Library hours of operation.
Learning Commons is located within Woodruff Library, 540 Asbury Circle, Atlanta, GA 30322.
We are supported by students for students. If interested in joining our team, visit our student employment page to learn more.
Equipment and Services
- Group study rooms: 16 rooms for collaborative work featuring 12 displays with wireless and wired connection capabilities
- Presentation and Conferencing Studio in room 213: a dedicated space for presentation practice and recording as well as video/audio conferencing
- Computer workstations: 103 computers including 94 Mac and 9 Windows machines with a variety of software.
- EaglePrint printers: 5 color multifunction printers (print, copy, and scan to email in black & white and color) + 4 black & white printers
- Collaborative display: an open 78" curved 3D display screen with a Mac computer and wireless and wired connections for connecting personal devices
- Loaner Tech: The equipment loans are handled by the Music & Media Library circulation desk located on level 4 of Woodruff Library
- Microform Readers: 3 microform reader stations for reading, scanning, editing, and printing microfilms and microfiches are located on level 2 of the Library
404.727.6873 | SDL@emory.edu