MediaLab is always accessible during the Marian K. Heilbrun Music and Media Library hours of operation.
Staffed hours: Mon-Thu: 12-8 pm | Fri: 12-5 pm.
Exceptions to staffed hours:
Wed, Dec 13: 12-6pm
Thu, Dec 14 - Mon, Jan 15: not staffed due to the Winter Break
MediaLab is located across from the Marian K. Heilbrun Music and Media Library service desk, on Level 4 of Woodruff Library, 540 Asbury Circle, Atlanta, GA 30322..
We are supported by students for students. If interested in joining our team, visit our student employment page to learn more.
MediaLab provides resources and technology for graphic design, video, audio, and image editing, web development, and 3D modeling. The space is staffed with experienced student technology specialists to assist our users with their creative endeavors.
Equipment and Services
- Computer workstations: 18 iMacs with a variety of specialized software, including Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Poster Printing: high quality photo gloss printing of posters up to 24" wide. Available only during the staffed hours. Price: $2 per sq. foot
- Wacom Intuos Pro creative pen tablets
- Headphones at each workstation
- Canon flatbed scanners at each workstation (capable of scanning film)
- EaglePrint color printer: prints color and Black&White on letter-sized paper
- Loaner Tech: external hard drives, DVD drives, card readers, blu-ray writers, grip pens for the Wacom tablets are available for check out at the Music & Media Library desk across the MediaLab
- Instructional A/V technology: two 65" TV monitors to display content from the provided iMac computer or a personal laptop
- Software training:
- Student technology specialists are available during staffed hours to assist with using Adobe Creative Cloud and Final Cut Pro software
- Scheduling 1:1 consultations on using MediaLab specialized software; request by email
- Hosting workshops on using MediaLab specialized software; request by email
404.727.0495 | SDL@emory.edu