Microsoft Office Software
As an Emory Student, you have the option to install the basic Microsoft Office suite onto your computers, tablets and phones. This includes the PC or Mac standalone applications. Students receive 5 licenses they can activate on their different machines. Windows users will be able to install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Outlook, and Infopath. Mac users can install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook. You will also be able to install new versions of Office as it is released.
To download on your computer, follow the instructions below. Mobile steps listed at the bottom of the page.
1. Login to your email via email.emory.edu
2. Click on the gear icon in the menu
3. Choose 'Office 365 Settings' from the dropdown list
4. Choose 'Install Status'
5. On the next page, choose 'Install desktop applications'
6. Click the install button listed under the available software
7. If after installing the software, it asks you for a product key, enter in your MyNetID@emory.edu, followed by your password to activate the software.
You will continue to have access and receive updates on the software until you graduate. After graduation, your access to Office365 as well as the standalone clients will expire. You can purchase a license on your own, or uninstall the software.
Looking for Office for your mobile device?
Follow the instructions above but choose 'Phone & Tablet' on the left for direct links.
For additional setup instructions, please see Microsofts support page below.