Regular Staffed Hours*
Spring Semester: Mon – Thu: 12pm – 8pm | Fri: 12pm – 5pm
*For exceptions, see Open Hours.
MediaLab will not be staffed for the Springbreak week, March 6-10.
The MediaLab provides resources and technology for graphic design, video, audio, and image post production, web development, and 3D modeling. The space is staffed with experienced student technology specialists to assist our users with their creative endeavors. The MediaLab is located on Level 4 of Woodruff Library across from the Marian K. Heilbrun Music and Media Library service desk.
540 Asbury Circle, Emory University, Woodruff Library, Atlanta, GA 30322 | 404-727-0495 SDL@emory.edu
The MediaLab provides 18 workstations equipped with the following:
- 27-inch iMac computers with Retina 5K displays (18)
- Headphones (18)
- Canon flatbed scanners (18)
- Wacom Intuos Pro creative pen tablets (6)
- Dynamic recording microphones (2)
- Each workstation features a set of specialized multi-meida applications, including Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, and complete Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
For other applications, please see the list of software available in MediaLab and other spaces supported by the Student Digital Life.
Note: MediaLab technology is configured for public use, and personal user files saved to MediaLab workstations can be deleted any time. Users must save their files to an external media source (external HD, USB drive, etc.) or to a personal space on the web before logging out. External 2TB USB hard drives are available for check out at Marian K. Heilbrun Music & Media Library service desk across from the MediaLab.
The MediaLab features a printer for regular B&W and color letter-sized printing and also a printer for high quality poster printing.
- The EaglePrint color printer is accessible at all times the floor is open. Please see the pricing for printing.
- Our EaglePrint DesignJet Photo large format printer can print posters up to 24 inches wide and is available only during staffed hours. The poster printing price is $2 per sq. foot calculated by square inches.
MediaLab student technology specialists are available during staffed hours to assist with using Adobe Creative Cloud and Final Cut Pro software. Additional training materials are available under the Tutorials, Tips, and Tricks entry in the left side pick list on this page.
Our MediaLab also facilitates in-depth software training, including:
- 1:1 consultations on using MediaLab specialized software
- Hosting workshops on using MediaLab specialized software. The space features two 65" TV panels capable of displaying the A/V content from the provided iMac computer or a personal laptop.
Please email consultation and reservation related questions and requests to SDL@emory.edu.
Some MediaLab equipment is available for check out at the Marian K. Heilbrun Music & Media Library desk across from the MediaLab, including:
- Apple USB Superdrives
- External 2TB USB hard drives
- USB card readers (support ComactFlash, SDHC, SDXC, and UHS-1 memory cards)
- USB blu-ray writers
- Grip pens for use with the Wacom Intuos Pro tablets