Technology Consultant (TechLab)
Student Digital Life is responsible for multiple labs around campus (including the Computing Center at Cox Hall and the Learning Commons at Woodruff Library), student printing, and the Student Technology Support office.
The TechLab is dedicated to educating and empowering the Emory community with various tools and skills that haven't quite found a place in everyday academic life. Student staff support all of the tools and resources found within the TechLab. These include our 3D printing and scanning equipment, small tools, and all the software associated with those items. Candidates must be able to work with university students, faculty and staff, demonstrating professionalism, dependability, punctuality, and strong interpersonal skills. Staff help maintain a clean and inviting work environment and notify Student Digital Life full-time staff if equipment is not functioning correctly. Opening and closing the facility and enforcing TechLab policies are also required.
- Must be an Emory undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in classes
- Must have GPA of 2.5 or better
- Able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Experience using Macintosh and/or Windows operating systems
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- A desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Strong work ethic
- Due to extensive training, preference is given to rising sophomores and juniors
- Experience working in a client/customer support environment
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Background in code development (Swift, Java, etc)
- Background in 3D modelling and design
- Computer troubleshooting/support experience
TechLab is now hiring for Fall 2017!
To view and apply for the Technology Specialist position or other positions on the Student Digital Life team, please visit the LITS Student Employment site.