MediaLab space will remain closed for the Fall semester. MediaLab computer workstations will be available by reservation on Level 1 of the library and remotely. MediaLab poster printer will be available for self-service on Level 1 of the library.
Computer workstation reservation hours: TBD
Staffed hours for assistance via Zoom: TBD
MediaLab technology is located on Level 1 of Woodruff Library, 540 Asbury Circle, Atlanta, GA 30322.
MediaLab provides resources and technology for graphic design, video, audio, and image editing, web development, and 3D modeling. Experienced student technology specialists assist our users with their creative endeavors.
Faculty interested in using our resources to enhance teaching and learning can view sample workshops and assignments on our case studies site at it.emory.edu/ats.
We are supported by students for students. If interested in joining our team, visit our student employment page to learn more.
Equipment and Services
- Computer workstations: 11 iMacs for in-person access and 8 iMacs for remote access with a variety of specialized software, including Adobe Creative Cloud, Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, Pluraleyes.
- Poster Printing: high quality photo gloss printing of posters up to 24" wide.
- This is a walk-up self-service available on Level 1 of the Library during the Library open hours.
- If you are looking for a drop-off service, please consider Emory Document Services or ECAS, which runs an academic poster printing service for the Undergraduate Research Programs (see “Poster Printing”).
- Price: $2 per sq. foot. Costs formula: price = (width x height) ÷ 72. Examples of costs:
- 24" x 36" poster: $12
- 18" x 24" poster: $6
- 11" x 17" poster: $2.60
- Software training:
- Student technology specialists are available during staffed hours to provide remote assistance via Zoom with using the specialized software
- Scheduling 1:1 Zoom consultations on using MediaLab specialized software; request by email
- Hosting Zoom workshops on using MediaLab specialized software; request by email
- Learn with LinkedIn Learning: an online learning platform that helps you learn creative skills at your own pace.