Music and Audio Recording Studio
Winter break until the Spring semester.
Woodruff Library (540 Asbury Circle, Atlanta, GA 30322).
Music and Audio Recording Studio (MARCS) is dedicated to podcast, voice-over, vocal, and musical instrument recording and sound mixing. It provides professional, industry-standard equipment, including a variety of Shure microphones, Sennheiser and Sony headphones, Neumann monitors, Antelope Discrete4 Synergy Core audio interface, PreSonus Faderport Mix Production Controller, and more (see the list of the equipment below).
Faculty interested in using our resources to enhance teaching and learning can view sample workshops and assignments on our case studies site at it.emory.edu/ats.
Using the Studio
2. A User Guide is available in the Studio for your reference. If you would like to schedule a general overview of the studio equipment, please contact us at the e-mail address below.
3. You are responsible for the Studio equipment for the period of your reservation and may be charged the full cost of replacement or repair for missing or broken equipment plus a $50 processing fee.
4. Copy your files from the Studio computer to your own media or online storage. Files left on the computer may be deleted at any time without notice.
5. Food is not allowed in the Studio. Drinks are allowed only in no-spill containers with lids.
6. You are responsible for leaving the Studio clean and tidy. Not doing so may affect your ability to reserve the Studio in the future.
*click on the equipment links to access the manuals
- Antelope Discrete4 Synergy Core audio interface with 4 mic preamps, 4 inputs on combo XLR connectors, 4 line outs on TRS connectors, and 4 headphone outs
- PreSonus Faderport 8 Production Controller
- Shure SM7B microphones on broadcast arms (2) for podcasting, voice-over, and vocal recording
- Shure SM58 microphone for voice and instrument recording
- Shure Beta58A microphone for voice and instrument recording
- Shure SM57 microphones (2) for instrument and vocal recording
- Microphone stands (2)
- Sennheiser HD 650 reference headphones
- Sennheiser HD 280 closed-back monitor headphones
- Sony MDR-7506 closed-back monitor headphones (3)
- Neumann KH 120-A studio monitors (2)
- Squier Contemporary Active Stratocaster electric guitar (with a tuner, capo, variety of picks)
- AKAI MPK249 performance keyboard controller.
- iMac workstation with Logic Pro X, Avid Pro Tools, Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro X installed.