Student Production Studio
July 6 - August 18, in support of research and remote learning by approved faculty, staff, and graduate students only:
Mo, Thu: 9am - 12pm
Woodruff Library (540 Asbury Circle, Atlanta, GA 30322).
Student Production Studio facilitates video, photo, and audio production in a configurable studio setting. It provides professional adjustable lighting, a Sony 4K video camera, Edelkrone devices (SliderPLUS, HeadPLUS, SurfaceONE), high-end microphones, a Canon DSLR camera with a choice of lenses, a choice of black and white backgrounds, a green screen option, and more (see the list of the equipment below).
Faculty interested in using our resources to enhance teaching and learning can view sample workshops and assignments on our case studies site at it.emory.edu/ats.
Using the Studio
1. Reserve the Studio. Please note that an additional equipment training may be required prior to your reservation, please see below.
2. If you would like to use the Studio video or photo camera or one of the Edelkrone devices, an additional equipment training is required. To schedule this training, click the button below.
You are not required to attend the training if you are reserving the Studio for audio production or if you are bringing your own camera for video or photo production.
Please note that we do not provide training on audio production software in the Studio. We recommend LinkedIn Learning, an online learning platform that helps you learn the desired skills remotely at your own pace.
3. Bring an SD memory card for each of the studio cameras you intend to use. (For recording in 4K, an SD XC card is required. For recording in HD, either SD, SD HC, or SD XC can be used. A 64 GB SD card will accomodate about 140 min of footage in HD and 70-120 min in 4K depending on chosen bitrate).
*click on the equipment links to access the manuals or promo videos
- Sony PXW-FS5 4K video camera mounted on a Manfrotto tripod with a fluid head
- Atomos Ninja Inferno 7" monitor mounted on the camera
- Teleprompter with an iPad and Teleprompt+ app installed
- Sennheiser MKE-600 shotgun microphone on a boompole mounted on a C-stand
- Audio-Technica AT899 lavalier wired microphones (2)
- Canon EOS C100 video camera
- Atomos Ninja Flame 7" monitor
- Edelkrone SliderPLUS X and HeadPLUS combo (can be used separately)
- Edelkrone SurfaceONE
- Sony MDR-7506 Pro headphones
- Additional Manfrotto tripod with a fluid head
- Production lighting: 6 Litepanels Astra 1x1 Bi-Color soft panels operated via iPad / bluetooth connection
- Canon DSLR kit, including:
- Canon 6D DSLR camera
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM lens
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens
- Computer workstation: an iMac equipped with The Yeti USB microphone and Logic Pro X, Adobe Audition, and Audacity software for audio production.