Student Technology Support
Reach us a few ways:
We are Closed for Winter Break December 17th - January 24th.
Mondays 10 am - 4 pm EDT join our Live Virtual Zoom
- Connect online through Zoom at STS Virtual Zoom (you will enter a waiting room) or by finding and phoning the appropriate number for your region at Zoom International Dial-in Numbers, using the meeting ID 979 2619 3607 and password 572973 to speak with a technician.
Tuesdays - Fridays schedule an appointment for technical support
- Click here to book a 1:1 video chat in Microsoft Teams with an STS technician. You can access Microsoft Teams via your Office 365 email account or by downloading the application.
- Call the University Service Desk at 404-727-7777 or email SDL-Help@emory.edu to open a ticket.
Self Service Options
Please use the additional assistance buttons below to browse our FAQs or get help from our partners.
Who we are and what we do
Student Technology Support (STS) is a free service for Emory students providing technical support and assistance for a variety of issues on student-owned devices. Faculty and Staff needing technical assistance should contact their department local support for assistance with their devices.
STS is supported by students for students. If you’d like to join our team, visit our student employment page.
STS operates on a first-come, first-serve basis. Most support requests, such as EmoryUnplugged wireless setups or game console registrations, can be handled relatively quickly. More complicated issues, such as virus and/or spyware removal, may require a computer to be checked-in for repair.
Students will need to have their Emory Student IDs for verification when visiting us for assistance or picking up a computer.
We can help:
- Configure EmoryUnplugged connectivity on capable laptops and personal devices
- Install or reinstall operating systems
- Scan for and remove computer viruses and other types of malware
- Install the latest LITS-supported anti-virus software and virus definitions
- Install a suite of anti-spyware solutions to combat future infections
- Assist with general operating system troubleshooting
- Install the latest hardware drivers for your machine
- Uninstall programs that pose security risks to your computer, including P2P software
- Diagnose hardware problems and assist with repairs
- Assist most devices not compatible with EmoryUnplugged that are compatible with EmoryGuest
Supported Devices and Operating Systems
- Windows* 7 and up
- macOS* 10.11 and higher
- Wireless setup for Linux, Android, and Apple iOS
- Game consoles, eReaders, and others for wireless use in residence halls
- Any device not listed, STS will attempt to help, but cannot guarantee service
*STS will only work on legitimate finished operating systems (no pirated copies or beta builds).
All machines that are going to be dropped off/checked-in require a power cord.
Students are responsible for backing up their data before devices are brought in. STS is not responsible for any data loss. Please ask us if you need assistance with backing up data.
For check-ins: STS strives to remediate your computer within two to three business days. Serious issues may take longer.