Student Technology Support (STS) is a free service for Emory students. STS staff can work on only student-owned devices. Faculty and Staff needing technical support should contact their department's local support staff for help with their devices. Student owned devices must be brought in by their owners for service.
What can STS do for you?
- Configure EmoryUnplugged connectivity on capable laptops and personal devices
- Configure DooleyNet connectivity on wireless devices not compatible with EmoryUnplugged
- Install or reinstall operating systems
- Scan for and remove computer viruses and other types of malware
- Install the latest LITS-supported anti-virus software and virus definitions
- Install a suite of anti-spyware solutions to combat future infections
- Assist with general operating system troubleshooting
- Install the latest hardware drivers for your machine
- Uninstall programs that pose security risks to your computer, including P2P software
- Diagnose hardware problems and assist with repairs
Supported Devices and Operating Systems
STS officially supports Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 and 10.10. Student Tech Support also supports wireless setup for Linux, Android and Apple iOS. Additionally, STS can setup devices like game consoles, eReaders, and others for wireless use in residence halls. If you have a device or operating system not listed, Student Technology Support will attempt to help, but cannot guarantee service. STS will only work on legitimate finished operating systems (no pirated copies or beta builds).
All machines that are going to be dropped off/checked-in require a power cord.
Students are responsible for backing up their data before devices are brought in. STS is not responsible for any data loss. Please ask STS staff if you need assistance with backing up data.
For check-ins: STS strives to remediate your computer within two to three business days. Serious issues will take longer.
The Student Tech Support desk does NOT provide phone support. If you need immediate phone support, please contact the University Service Desk at 404-727-7777.