TechLab offers three types of virtual reality systems:
- an HTC Vive Pro Eye headset to be used within our space
- an Oculus Rift S, which can be checked out for use with your own VR-capable computer
- four Oculus Quest all-in-one systems, also available for checkout.
Reservations are required to use our equipment. Please see our reservation policies below for more information.
- Book loanable Oculus headsets: https://emorylibraries.libcal.com/reserve/vr.
- Book our in-house HTC Vivie Pro Eye: https://emorylibraries.libcal.com/reserve/spaces/techlab.
An all-in-one gaming system for virtual reality that can be checked out and used anywhere. No wires. No PC. Just a headset and controllers that transport you into another world.
HTC Vive Pro Eye
A wireless computer-connected virtual reality system available for use in TechLab only. It uses eye-tracking to allow for immersive VR simulations.
Reservation and Use Policies
- We recommend that only the current player be in the designated VR play area during active use. No one else should enter the VR play area, touch the player, or otherwise interfere with play. Spectators should enforce this policy for the safety and security of the player.
- Players must take great care with the equipment. Players may not drop the headset, touch its lenses, set the headset down face-first, or otherwise mishandle the equipment. Players are responsible for any repair or replacement costs that result from their misuse of the equipment.
- The VR headset and controllers must be reserved by noon of the prior weekday. Monday requests must be submitted by noon on Fridays.
- Reservations are mediated. Requesting individuals will receive an email once their request has been processed.
- Headsets may be reserved up to 14 days in advance.
- Groups arriving 15 or more minutes late after their scheduled start time will forfeit their entire reservation.
- Academic use of the VR headset takes priority over recreational gaming use.