One Button Studio
Winter break until the Spring semester.
Woodruff Library (540 Asbury Circle, Atlanta, GA 30322).
One Button Studio facilitates recording an HD quality (1920x1080) video by simply plugging in a USB drive and pushing a single button. When a USB drive is plugged in, the studio lights, camera, and microphone automatically turn on. A simple press of the red button starts the countdown and recording. When done, another press of the button ends the recording, and the HD video is automatically saved on the USB drive in a widely-used mp4 format that is ready to edit or upload.
The Studio also provides a Green/Blue screen option that can be used to substitute the background with other video footage in post-production.
Using the Studio
- Reserve the Studio
- Bring a USB drive to record your video (at least 1Gb per 30 minutes of footage).
- Follow the prompts on the screen to record your video:
- Have your script or plan of action ready.
- Avoid wearing busy patterns or shiny fabrics.
- If using the Green or Blue screen, avoid wearing green or blue clothing that will be seen in your video. You can use the Blue screen when wearing green and the Green screen when wearing blue.
- Adjust the studio lights if desired for best picture.
- Look at the camera lens - imagine it's the person you want to talk to.
- Speak clearly and don't rush it.
- Learn with LinkedIn Learning: an online learning platform that helps you learn creative skills at your own pace.