We 3D print objects for users as a service, rather than allowing public use of our equipment. To have something 3D printed, please visit TechLab with either a .stl or a .3mf file. After a quick consultation to determine print attributes (resolution, size, etc.), we will then 3D print your design and email you when it is ready to pick up.
Lulzbot Taz 5 with SE 0.5 mm hotend 3D
Dremel Digilab 3D45
|PLA prints: $2 per 100 g||Resin prints: $4 per 50 ml|
We offer the following scanners for use in our space:
iSense for iPad
We offer the following applications within TechLab:
- AutoCAD - a commercial computer-aided design (CAD) and drafting tool.
- Autodesk 3DS Max - a professional 3D computer graphics program for making 3D animations, models, games and images.
- Autodesk Fusion 360 - 3D computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), and computer-aided engineering (CAE) tool.
- Solidworks - a solid modeling computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) tool.
- Meshmixer - Sculpting tool useful for editing models, adding supports, blending models together, etc
- Agisoft Photoscan/Metashape - Photogrammetry tool
3D Model Repositories:
If you want to browse what other people have already made, edit a model instead of starting from scratch, or just get ideas, we recommend the following locations:
3D Modeling Tools
The following are freely available online for use on personal devices:
- Blender - 3D modelling tool
- Tinkercad - Easy and powerful online 3D modelling tool - iOS and Android option
- Leopoly - 3D sculpting tool
- Meshmixer - Sculpting tool and tool for editing models, adding supports, blending models together, etc