MediaLab is always accessible during the Marian K. Heilbrun Music and Media Library hours of operation
- Staffed hours: Mo-Thu: 12-8 pm | Fri: 12-5 pm.
MediaLab is located across from the Marian K. Heilbrun Music and Media Library service desk, on Level 4 of Woodruff Library, 540 Asbury Circle, Atlanta, GA 30322.
MediaLab provides resources and technology for graphic design, video, audio, and image editing, web development, and 3D modeling. The space is staffed with experienced student technology specialists to assist our users with their creative endeavors.
We are supported by students for students. If interested in joining our team, visit our student employment page to learn more.
Equipment and Services
- Computer workstations: 18 iMacs with a variety of specialized software, including Adobe Creative Cloud, Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, Pluraleyes.
- See a quick tutorial on using Adobe Premiere Pro here.
- Poster Printing (staffed hours only): high quality photo gloss printing of posters up to 24" wide. Available only during the staffed hours. Price: $2 per sq. foot. Costs formula: price = (width x height) ÷ 72. Examples of costs:
- 24" x 36" poster: $12
- 18" x 24" poster: $6
- 11" x 17" poster: $2.60
- Wacom Intuos Pro creative pen tablets at 6 workstations
- Headphones at each workstation
- Canon flatbed scanners at each workstation
- EaglePrint color printer: prints color and Black&White on letter-sized paper
- Loaner Tech: external 1TB hard drives, Akai MPK249 performance keyboard controllers, DVD/CD drives, card readers, blu-ray writers, grip pens for the Wacom tablets are available for check out at the Music & Media Library desk across the MediaLab
- Instructional A/V technology: two 65" TV monitors to display content from the provided iMac computer or a personal laptop
- Software training:
- Student technology specialists are available during staffed hours to assist with using the specialized software
- Scheduling 1:1 consultations on using MediaLab specialized software; request by email
- Hosting workshops on using MediaLab specialized software; request by email
404.727.0495 | SDL@emory.edu