Known issue with Mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra) and HP printers. Support for both companies have been engaged and are working towards a resolution.
Users sending certain files from Mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra) may see the following error on the printed job:
OFFENDING COMMAND: show
If you experience this error, you can visit the service desk that supports your area and they can assist in reprinting the document without the error. If you experience this error at a residence hall or other remote EaglePrint station, the Woodruff Library Service Desk and the front desk at the Computing Center at Cox Hall will be able to assist you.
Possible workarounds include:
- Send your file to EaglePrint from a computer running Windows or Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) or lower
- Download and install Adobe Reader. Then print any PDF's using Adobe Reader with the 'Print as Image' option selected.
- This may require non-PDF files to be converted to PDF.
EaglePrint is Emory's enterprise printing/copying/scanning service for both the main and Oxford campuses (see below for locations). Students can to print from their own computers and university workstations to any EaglePrint station. There is no longer a need to clutter desks with personal desktop printers.
Faxing is also available at some multi-function devices; specifically at the Woodruff Main Library, Rollins School of Public Health, School of Nursing, and Oxford campus library.
Using EaglePrint is as simple as 1, 2, 3!
- Install the EaglePrint software that can be found at Emory's Software Express website
- Send your print job to the EaglePrint_BW or EaglePrint_Color queue on your computer
- Swipe your EmoryCard at any EaglePrint station across campus, select your job, and print!
A few things to know about using EaglePrint:
- Only Eagle Dollars are accepted as payment.
- All printers contain 'Letter' size paper (8.5"x11"). You may send jobs with a different paper size, but you will need to provide your own paper using the manual feed tray on the printer.
- All print jobs are held for 2 hours. So send a job now, and print it later.
- Double-sided printing (duplex) is enabled by default. This is in support of Emory's sustainability initiatives. This option can be changed when submitting a print job.
- To report any issues or problems with EaglePrint stations, you can visit any local service/support desk for immediate assistance or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Black & White Printing & Copying: Single-sided $0.07 per page, Double-sided - $0.05 per page
- Color Printing & Copying: Single-sided - $0.30 per page, Double-sided - $0.20 per page
- Scanning to Email and Faxing: Free
Specialty Printing with Student Digital Life
- 3D Printing in the TechLab, located in the Computing Center at Cox Hall
- Poster Printing in the MediaLab, located in the Woodruff Library
- For a map of EaglePrint stations on the main campus
- For a map of EaglePrint stations on the Oxford campus
- If you have any issues/questions related to EaglePrint, please review our Common Questions page.
- If that does not resolve your issue or answer your question, please send an email to email@example.com.